European Training Network "IQCE"
15 PhD student positions started the program "Improving Quality of Care in Europe" (IQCE) in Summer 2017, which has received funding from the European Union.
The European Training Network IQCE will be built under the leadership of the HCHE and six European universities:
- University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (HCHE) (coordinator)
- Bocconi University, Centre for Research on Health and Social Care Management (CERGAS)
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, Institute of Health Policy & Management (iBMG)
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Nova School of Business and Economics (NOVA SBE)
- University of Southern Denmark,Danish Centre for Health Economics (DaChE)
- University of York, Centre for Health Economics York (CHE)
- and the global medical device manufacturer Abbott
The aim of the program is to improve the quality and performance of European health care systems. Each PhD thesis will focus on one of six dimensions of health care quality as defined by the World Health Organization (WHO): effectiveness; safety; efficiency; access; equitability; and acceptability. The IQCE program offers highly competitive funding and working conditions. Successful candidates will receive a salary in accordance with the Marie Sklodowska Curie regulations for early stage researchers